Friday, December 27, 2013

Perhaps atheism is an intellectual luxury for the wealthy

Quotes from http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/24/atheism-richard-dawkins-challenge-beliefs-homeless

"Perhaps atheism is an intellectual luxury for the wealthy"

"Soon I saw my atheism for what it is: an intellectual belief most accessible to those who have done well."

"I also see Richard Dawkins differently. I see him as a grown up version of that 16-year-old kid, proud of being smart, unable to understand why anyone would believe or think differently from himself. I see a person so removed from humanity and so removed from the ambiguity of life that he finds himself judging those who think differently. I see someone doing what he claims to hate in others. Preaching from a selfish vantage point."

No comments:

Post a Comment